Thursday, November 15, 2012

More than the Latest & Greatest

The Holiday season is upon us. For me, right now (and the past year as well), this means a mad rush around Thanksgiving to get my final projects, papers and assignments complete as the semester comes to a close. All the while, there is FOOD GALORE (yum!) and lots of cleaning and planning.

The fall is one of my favorite times of the year, but I love the excitement that comes with the holidays. I love making a list of what gifts to prepare and what meals I want to make. It is hard with schoolwork at the same time, but I really try to focus my energy towards getting meaningful and useful gifts for people and making recipes that are sure crowd-pleasers. There is nothing greater than giving a gift to someone that screams THIS IS SO YOU. I love it.

In addition, this is a great time of the year to help out others in need. Whether it be children overseas, those affected by the wrath of hurricane Sandy, or one of the people in your very own circle of friend or family that just need a pick-me-up.  Even something as simple as donating blood...thank you iron count, I was good to go! I was able to donate today! :)

One blog I follow in particular does a great ministry every year to those who are in desperate need. I have not been following this blog for long, but Glennon, the writer, and her "Monkee" friends, have created such an amazing community to help those who need more than the latest gadget or gizmo for the holidays.

Check out how to give through her site here or find your own that is close to your heart, but be sure to find time this holiday season for giving more than the latest and greatest. Find time to think of someone who truly needs something and enjoy that you have blessed someone with something that they truly need.



~AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment